Terms and Conditions
2014 TICKET TERMS & CONDITIONS – PLEASE READ
1/ Proof of age may be required for all ticket types. Please ensure that you have ID with you in case you are asked. Failure to provide such ID may result in you being asked to leave the festival.
2/ Adult and Student Tickets can only be used by persons age 18 or over.
3/ Teen (age 13-17) Tickets can only be purchased by persons over the age of 30.
4/ Child (12 & under) Tickets can only be purchased by persons over the age of 21.
5/ By purchasing a Child (age 12 & under) Ticket or a Teen (age 13-17) Ticket you are confirming that you are either the parent, legal guardian or nominated guardian of the teen or child for whom you are purchasing.
6/ Child and Teen ticket holders can only enter the festival with the person who purchased their ticket i.e. their parent, legal guardian or nominated guardian. Any Teen Ticket holders attempting to enter the festival without this person will be denied entry to the festival. For safety reasons, any persons attempting to enter the festival with a Child Ticket holder that they are not the parent, legal guardian or nominated guardian for will be denied entry.
7/ Nominated Guardians must complete a Non-Legal Guardianship Form and bring this with them to the festival. As with parents and Legal Guardians, the nominated guardian must be over the age of 30 to accompany a child or teen to the festival and comply with the other rules regarding entry.
8/ Each adult attending can accompany up to a maximum of 2 Teen Ticket holders.
9/ Teen Ticket holders must camp in the same location as their families.
10/ Teen Ticket holders are not allowed in the arena field unaccompanied after 10pm.
11/ Teen ticket holders must be accompanied by their parent/guardian at all times after 10pm.
12/ Child Ticket holders are not allowed in the arena or campsites unaccompanied at any time.
13/ Student Tickets are for full-time students only. Valid NUS or ISIC ID required at the box office. No other student ID accepted.
15/ Prior written permission is needed by Bestival Ltd to use Bestival tickets in any sales promotions, media, marketing, reward programmes, staff incentives, raffles, auctions or general competitions. ‘Bestival’ is a registered trademark; the Bestival logo and any related Bestival artwork cannot be used without written permission of Bestival Ltd.
16/ Tickets are strictly non-refundable.
GENERAL TICKET TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Right of admission reserved (R.O.A.R.)
- Bestival is for nice people and is about having a good time. Anti social behaviour will not be tolerated and you will be ejected without refund.
- No admission without a valid ticket (so don’t lose it)
- No entry to the site after midnight (each night)
- Ticket holders give their express consent to the use of the actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising and/or exploitation of any photos, film, video and/or audio recording of this event and/or any element thereof in any/all media throughout the world.
- Guests may be searched on entry to the event. If you are in possession of illegal substances you may be arrested.
- You are allowed to bring in your own alcohol (for consumption in the camping fields) but only up to a reasonable amount per person eg. one case of beer per person. You will be asked to leave excess quantities outside the event – this will be enforced this year. You will NOT be allowed to re-enter the festival site with alcohol once you’ve entered the festival site via the entrance gates.
- Alcohol cannot be brought into the main arenas from the campsites. There are fully licensed bars available for you.
- You will not be allowed to bring in glass bottles or any kind. Broken glass is dangerous for kids and for animals who will be using the park and fields after the event. Leave all glass in the car, decant it into plastic bottles or bin it. There are no exceptions.
- No tents allowed in the Boutique Camping Field.
- Campervans (& Motorhomes) are permitted as long as they fulfil the criteria laid out on the Campervan page of this website (in Info section).
- Caravans & Trailer Tents are permitted as long as they fulfil the criteria laid out on the Caravans & Trailer Tents page of this website (in Info section).
- We have a no naked flame policy at the festival and in the campsite. Fires, flares, fireworks, Chinese lanterns etc will extinguished by the Isle of Wight fire service. HOWEVER, there will be designated areas in the campsite where you’ll be able to go to use small BBQs and stoves to cook food.
- No pet animals are allowed on the festival site other than dogs assisting the visually impaired.
- Beanbags (or similar) are not permitted at the event.
- The promoter reserves the right to change the line up without notification.
- You must have lots of fun, it’s the law.
- Warning: exposure to loud and excessive music may be damaging to your hearing.
- Parents are reminded that there are areas of the festival site, especially immediately in front of the stages, that are inappropriate for some people including young children. Also please note that some performances may contain language or material that may offend some people.
- Strobe lighting may be used at the festival.
- The Robin Hill site is a beautiful natural site and we want to keep it that way so please help us by keeping it clean & recycling/composting what you can. Keep Bestival Tidy!
- If you are lucky enough to look under 25 you will be asked for ID at the bars as part of the Challenge 25 initiative – so please bring photo ID with you.