Bestival To Host Biggest Disco-Party Ever!
The architect of pop as we know it, one of party-music’s most influential men and the hottest producer on the planet, Nile Rodgers and his Chic organisation will be performing a mind-blowingly amazing set to bring Bestival 2014 to a close.
Not content with merely closing the show, Nile Rodgers has told us that he wants to create the world’s biggest ever disco-party, and that’s just the sort of behaviour we can get right behind at Bestival! As a centrepiece to the party, Nile has challenged Rob da Bank and Bestival to create the world’s largest discoball. Music to our ears, the challenge is on! And we’re going to make it official by breaking the Guinness World Record for the Biggest Discoball Ever!
So, to get things warmed up for our jumbo dancefloor denouement, this September at Robin Hill, we’ll be flying in legendary Studio 54 resident and Gallery founder Nicky Siano for your dancing pleasure. The man responsible for spinning the floor-fillers at Bianca Jagger’s iconic and infamous Studio 54 birthday party, Nicky is part of the fabric of disco and was a driving force that brought the sound to worldwide acclaim, guaranteeing that our Desert Island Disco Spectacular will get off to a brilliantly boogie-tastic start.
Nicky Siano says “The last Nile concert I attended in London had me dancing for three days afterwards. If you haven’t seen Nile, don’t miss this explosive performer! If you have seen him, come and party on this extraordinary site and see why Disco will never die!”
Then it’s the real deal. Especially themed and extended for our Desert Island Disco spectacular, Chic’s set will chart Nile’s dancefloor dalliances through the ages from the band’s own era-defining debut Dance, Dance, Dance (Yowsah, Yowsah, Yowsah) right up to chart conquering present day collaborations. Featuring at least one very special guest, it will be an explosion of sight and sound, featuring a jaw-dropping creative from Josie da Bank, with a stunning light show, mind-altering visuals and incredible pyrotechnics!
So, get your glad rags on, break out the sequins, grab your ostrich feathers, hell, you could even come dressed as a big white horse, but don’t miss out on the most inconceivably amazing extravaganza of your life time. We’re going to make history!
- The Official Isle Of Wight Christmas Toy Appeal powered by Bestival returns for 2014
- Special Bestival edition of Elsie Magazine available now
- Get involved with the online Disruptive Innovation Festival & win tickets to Bestival 2015
- Bestival's Back on TV with a Brand New Show on 4Music this Sunday!
- Swim2Bestival Make Their Biggest Ever Splash for Charity
- Catch Bestival on TV this Wednesday night
- Relive our very best bits with the Bestival Aftermovie
- Painting for Peace with CND at Bestival 2014
- We're Still Buzzing!
- A Big Thank You from us for making our Desert Island Disco The Best Bestival Yet!